Electrocautery and Radiocautery
It is also known as Thermal cautery. In this process current is passed through a resistant metal wire electrode, generating heat. The heated electrode is then applied to living tissue to achieve tissue destruction and haemostasis.
The heated electrode uses energy to make cosmetic enhancing incisions. Healing is rapid, virtually bloodless and with little or no bruising or swelling.
Radio surgery is passage of ultra high frequency radio waves into skin lesions.
- It virtually has no risk of scarring, as it is very superficial.
- Faster healing with minimal damage to surrounding skin.
- Minimal pain, swelling.
- No bleeding.
Many types of skin legion can be treated:
- Age spots.
- Moles and raised legions.
- Skin tags.
- Warts (verruca).
- Small angioma.
- Milia- sebaceous hyperplasia (yellow shiny bumps on face).
- Quick fix method. A normal skin tag treatment takes around 20 minutes.
- Less expensive compared to laser therapy.
- One session is usually enough.