When injected Fillers restore the youthfull contours of your face in three dimensions. They enhance volume, erase wrinkles, and augment lips. Eg: Restylane Lyft, Juvederm, Belotero etc. The active ingredient in each of these products is Hyaluronic acid which coats collagen and acts as a cushion to skin.
What are the risks and side effects?
- Bruising and Swelling.
- Downtime around in 2days but can stretch up to 2 weeks.
- Bumpiness/ lumpiness.
How will I look and feel during and after treatment?
- Treated area is swollen red bruised may last up to 2-5 days or 2 weeks.
- Minimizes bruising by avoiding aspirin, Vit E, NSAIDS, 7-10 days before procedure.
- Most patients tolerate procedure well. Topical anesthetic may be required before procedure, especially for sensitive areas like lips.
What benefits can I expect?
- You can expect a natural and safe transformation to youthful facial appearance.
- Minimal duration for its effectiveness is between 10-12 months.
- Maintenance consists 1-2 visits per year for touch up.
- Filling out hollows under eye area.
- Making scars from acne, chicken pox more even.
- Increasing volume to fill out lower cheek or temple area.
How it works?
- The active ingredient in fillers is Hyaluronic acid which plumps the injected space.
- It takes about 15-30 minutes for the procedure.
What are the indications?
- Fillers can be used to fix a variety of concerns related to facial ageing.
- Adding volume and smoothing out deep creases that run from nose to mouth.
- Laugh lines or Nasolabial folds.
- Plumping their lips and smoothing out vertical lines around lips edges.
- Augmenting cheeks to enhance fullness.
- If history of cold sores is there, prior antiviral is must.
Can this be combined with other treatments?
Yes- Botox can be injected; Botox corrects upper 1/3rd of the face while fillers help in lower 2/3rd. If laser has to be done one month gap should be there between the two procedures.